Examples of the the word, sight , in a Sentence Context
The word ( sight ), is the 2409 most frequently used in English word vocabulary
Mastering contextual understanding of words and phrases is a vital skill for effective communication and English learning. Enhance your proficiency by practicing with our handpicked collection of 50 English phrases.
At the end of the list you can practice your english pronunciation
- Known as the Great Temple of Abyss, being nearly complete and an impressive, sight , A principal purpose of it was the adoration of the early pharaohs, whose
- Because their orbital plane coincidentally contains the Earth's line of, sight , To be more precise, however,Algol is a triple-star system: the eclipsing
- Reach the islands of Van Diemen's Land (now Tasmania) and New Zealand and to, sight ,the Fiji Islands. His navigator François Fischer, and his merchant Isaac
- Remained. He recorded in his journal:" Fair figures one by one are fading from, sight , " The next year, Lincoln was assassinated, which Alcott called" appalling
- The city and all he could see were burnt houses and scattered corpses. This, sight ,made him sick, and he cried the famous monologue: What have I done? If this is a
- Now that Sarah had finally borne her own child, she could no longer stand the, sight ,of either Hagar or Ishmael. When the teenager was jesting around, Sarah told
- California, in northernmost Los Angeles County. Huxley then said that his, sight ,improved dramatically with the Bates Method and the extreme and pure natural
- Myth, a number of the Niobium were spared (Ch loris, usually ). Amnion, at the, sight ,of his dead sons, either killed himself or was killed by Apollo after swearing
- As simple as a pin or optical with magnification. They usually also have a peep, sight ,(rear sight ) built into the string which aids in a consistent anchor point.
- Directions. One party came close to the entrance to the cave, but was unable to, sight ,them. Due to this the following verse of the Qur'an was revealed: If ye help
- Theory, was supported by such thinkers as Euclid and Ptolemy, who believed that, sight ,worked by the eye emitting rays of light. The second theory, the intro mission
- On the conditions to which it has been exposed. The notched rear tangent iron, sight ,is adjustable, and is calibrated in hundreds of meters. The front sight is a
- World, which only knows of Ludo as a film star who retired and dropped out of, sight , It is mentioned that some strikers have strong reservations about his
- Hold the bow with their left hand, have their left side facing the target, sight ,towards the target with their right eye and handle the arrow and string with
- On 14 September 1993,Solzhenitsyn implored the West not to" lose, sight ,of its own values, its historically unique stability of civic life under the
- He incorrectly agreed with Avicenna that the lens was the receptive organ of, sight , but correctly hinted at the retina being involved in the process. From this
- Deg 15 min N,67 deg 56 min W,180 miles (290 km) east of the Bahamas and within, sight ,of the recovery ship USS Guadalcanal. The command module was displayed at the
- A pin or optical with magnification. They usually also have a peep sight (rear, sight ,) built into the string which aids in a consistent anchor point. Modern
- The brutal claws. Dionysus wept tears of wine in remorse for his action at the, sight ,of the beautiful statue. The god's tears then stained the quartz purple.
- Build up his border defenses along the Danube. The Huns remained out of Roman, sight ,for the next few years while they invaded the Sassanian Empire. When defeated in
- Of the ballet 'Tsar Kendall' at the Margins Theatre, I first caught, sight ,of the Emperor. I was struck by the size of the man, and although cumbersome
- Hands (Charlton," arm stretching" ) with officials judging the outcome by, sight , With thousands of people attending, counting was impossible. For a small
- Be either innate or learned. For example, the eyes possess the potentiality of, sight ,(innate – being acted upon),while the capability of playing the flute can be
- There are two main forms of aiming in archery: using a mechanical or fixed, sight ,or Barlow. Barlow aiming methods include Gap, Split Vision, Point of Aim
- Rejoice at their future prospect, while the unrighteous are tormented at the, sight ,of the" lake of unquenchable fire" into which they are destined to be cast.
- Him to lead the way in raising black troops, Lincoln wrote," The bare, sight ,of 50,000 armed and drilled black soldiers on the banks of the Mississippi
- Is central in Cauchy. This requires further argument, and at least at first, sight ,is incorrect: Cauchy emphasizes infinitesimals as a foundational notion, but he
- And somewhat older clientele. Most cafés have terraces in summer. A common, sight ,on the Leidseplein during summer is a square full of terraces packed with
- Case and another related case established precedent on seat distribution and, sight ,lines issues for ADA enforcement that continues to present day. Toyota Motor
- Of vision. Without tangible notions of distance and size for correlation, sight ,can tell us next to nothing about such things. " Theology Alien was a devout
- Assembly spaces. While Section 4.33.3 of ADAYG makes reference to lines of, sight , no specific reference is made to seeing over standing patrons. The MCI Center
- Iron sight is adjustable, and is calibrated in hundreds of meters. The front, sight ,is a post adjustable for elevation in the field. Wind age adjustment is done by
- Way of falling" *"One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose, sight ,of the shore for a very long time" *"It is better to be hated for what you are
- Johnston's body in a blanket so as not to damage the troops' morale with the, sight ,of the dead general. Johnston and his wounded horse, Fire Eater, were taken to
- The form (or embrace) of a serpent. The serpent, or insanity induced by the, sight , drives Here and Assaults to throw themselves off the Acropolis. Jane Harrison
- Wheelchair and companion seats, and the ones that were included did not provide, sight ,lines that would enable the wheelchair user to view the playing area while the
- Notions upside down defeated attempts to instill military discipline. The, sight ,of the small man in a uniform much too large for his less than 5-foot frame—the
- Movement and intelligence, and the third gave them shape, speech,hearing and, sight , Further, the three gods gave them clothing and names. Ask and Emblem go on to
- A good eye in so much as it can see, because the proper function of an eye is, sight , Aristotle reasoned that humans must have a function specific to humans, and
- Is the term" end-gaining ". This term means to focus on a goal to lose, sight ,of the" means-whereby" the goal could be most appropriately achieved.
- NGC 2997,a spiral galaxy of type Sc which is inclined 45° to our line of, sight , *The Anglia Dwarf, a 14.8 m dwarf spheroidal galaxy that belongs to our Local
- Bose, von Papen's secretary, who had been killed there. Speer related that the, sight ,had no effect on him, other than to cause him to avoid that room. When Hitler
- One of the great achievements of his life: that of having regained his, sight , " Here, she portrays the accomplishment as both metaphorical and considerably
- A quarrel took place between the rivals, and Phineas was turned to stone by the, sight ,of the Gorgon's head (Ovid, Metamorphoses v. 1). Andromeda followed her
- Of years had been stripped away, and they were inflamed with passion at the, sight ,of her. On the other hand, in Altman, nectar is the food, and in Sappho and
- Ought to be based on one's perceptions – one's sensory experiences, such as, sight ,and hearing – instead of imagination or internal logic, elements founded on the
- For animals do not see in order that they may have sight , but they have, sight ,that they may see. " In summary, the matter used to make a house has
- Which included commentaries on Gaelic works. He described the process of, sight , the structure of the eye, image formation in the eye, and the visual system.
- Potentiality is acquired. For animals do not see in order that they may have, sight , but they have sight that they may see. " In summary, the matter used to make a
- Water. Bells and candles are also frequent symbols. These are symbols of film, sight ,and sound, and Tarkovsky's film frequently has themes of self reflection.
Now it is your turn - use the english voice checker
Take control of your English pronunciation with our Voice Checker tool. It's your turn to sound confident and fluent!
Your voice recordings list
To download your recording the the download link above the audio player
Search for other english pronunciations examples
Our data base is updated daily, click here to check out all sentences
Free Text to Speech Tool: Convert Text to Audio Online
Now that you have trained speaking all the phrases you can use our tool to improve your english speaking skills. You have the option of using four different synthesized english voices: Microsoft Mark - English (United States), Microsoft Zira - English (United States), Microsoft David - English (United States), Google US English, Google UK English Female, Google UK English Male
Note that it may take some seconds for your to be able to hear the voice