Examples of the the word, gain , in a Sentence Context
The word ( gain ), is the 893 most frequently used in English word vocabulary
Mastering contextual understanding of words and phrases is a vital skill for effective communication and English learning. Enhance your proficiency by practicing with our handpicked collection of 50 English phrases.
At the end of the list you can practice your english pronunciation
- State 1 were to move to state 2? For this to happen, the electron would need to, gain ,an energy of exactly E2 - E1. If the electron receives energy that is less than
- Htm A highly confusing term is gain . For example, the sentence" the, gain ,of a system should be doubled ", without context, means close to nothing.
- Albion was raised a pagan, although Audion had at one point attempted to, gain ,Byzantine support a gain st his neighbors by professing himself a Catholic.
- What ought men to do, do you reckon? " Certainly when somebody asked what, gain ,the laws of Lycurgus had brought Sparta, he answered," Contempt for pleasures.
- But not necessarily in relation to the ground). Some gliders can 'soar' -, gain ,height from updrafts such as thermal currents. The first practical
- Designs for broadcast and amateur AM radio also generated AM by controlling the, gain ,of a transmitter’s final amplifier, which was generally a class-C type for good
- Arises naturally and should be turned toward and mindfully explored in order to, gain ,insight into the nature of emotion, and more profoundly, the nature of self.
- Reviews (either positive or negative),it never sold well, and attempting to, gain ,more publicity, he issued a reward of £100 for whomever could write the best
- When his cap is off. However, Mark Twain discovers Alexander II's desire to, gain ,control of North America” Ancestors Alexander III Alexandrovich (–) (
- A full listing of all the Ashes series since 1882. A team must win a series to, gain ,the right to hold the Ashes. A drawn series results in the previous holders
- Such as focusing on only selective quoting of statements Lincoln made to, gain ,the support of the border states and Northern Democrats, and ignoring the many
- A benign confessor, especially to young women. Later he lies freely in order to, gain ,the confidences of other characters, either inventing his own reason for being
- Did not achieve their primary war goal (recovery of Gibraltar),but they did, gain ,territory. However, in the long run, as the case of Florida shows, the new
- The conformist society of post–World War II America, focused on material, gain , which Ginsberg frequently blamed for the destruction of all those outside of
- Is the process of breaking a complex topic or substance into smaller parts to, gain ,a better understanding of it. The technique has been applied in the study of
- It was quite sensitive to the difference between doing something for personal, gain ,and doing it for someone else's gain ". That part of the brain is called the
- Brisingamen ". Whilst engaged in writing in his spare time, Garner attempted to, gain ,employment as a teacher, but soon gave that up, believing that" I couldn't
- Rather, patrons,of their churches; who, in process of time, from a desire of, gain , have usurped the whole right, appropriating to their own use the possession of
- Setting the record for world title matches, and it took Karol until Game 27 to, gain ,his fifth win. In Game 31,Karol had a winning position but failed to take
- 228 http://www.math.sfu.ca/~cbm/aands/page_228. Htm A highly confusing term is, gain , For example, the sentence" the gain of a system should be doubled ", without
- Rome during the renewal process and provided veterans with lavish donations to, gain ,their support. In 22 BC there was a food shortage in Rome which sparked panic
- Has low power efficiency. * Control Grid Modulation. The operating bias and, gain ,of the final RF amplifier can be controlled by varying the voltage of the
- Some critics of Lindbergh claimed that Carrel overstated Lindbergh's role to, gain ,media attention, but other sources say Lindbergh played an important role in
- And at his funeral, the rumor spread around that Agrippina poisoned Crispus to, gain ,his estate. After being widowed a second time, Agrippina was left very wealthy.
- By human tears.: America! America!: God shed His grace on thee, : 'Til selfish, gain ,no longer stain, : The banner of the free.: And crown thy good with brotherhood
- Include a politician whose" weasel words" and obfuscation are necessary to, gain ,support from multiple constituents with mutually exclusive conflicting desires
- Achilles prayed to his mother Thesis to convince Zeus to help the Trojans, gain ,ground in the war, so that he may re gain his honor. As the battle turned
- Case in which his brother successfully petitioned to annul Blair's marriage to, gain ,Blair's inheritance. The Wild Boy of Avalon, a feral child caught in 1798
- In opposition to communist infiltration of unions, formed Industrial Groups to, gain ,control of them, fostering intense internal conflict. After Labor's loss of
- As it has introduced an aero package and slicks, allowing the junior drivers to, gain ,experience in a race car with dynamics closer F1. The Star Mazda Series is
- In which the person tends to separate his/her feet upon standing, in order to, gain ,a wider base and to avoid situation (bodily oscillations tending to be
- November won over two of Antony's legions with the enticing offer of monetary, gain , In the face of Octavian's large and capable force, Antony saw the danger of
- America!: May God thy gold refine: Till all success be nobleness, : And eV'Ry, gain ,divine.: O beautiful for patriot dream: That sees beyond the years: Thine
- Reduced tremendously, at the cost of increased ambiguity. The first ahead to, gain ,widespread usage was the Phoenician ahead. Unlike other contemporary scripts
- Circuit to the input power should be doubled. It may mean that the, gain ,of the laser medium should be doubled, for example, doubling the population of
- Upon him, and he remained her friend following the proceedings. Trying to, gain ,more members for his AWAY, Crowley decided to begin publishing a biannual
- Flood the North, Democrats made gain s in the 1862 elections, but they did not, gain ,control of Congress. The Republicans' counterargument that slavery was the
- His colleagues in the ALP and trade union movement opposed it. After failing to, gain ,majority support for conscription in two national plebiscites which bitterly
- Lydia. Leucotomy loved Apollo who disguised himself as Leucothea's mother to, gain ,entrance to her chambers. Lydia, jealous of her sister because she wanted
- Change in MND' below). It is thought that SOD1 mutations confer a toxic, gain , rather than a loss, of function to the enzyme. SOD1 mutations may increase the
- Athena appears in the TV series Stargate SG1 when she kidnaps Gala MAL Moran to, gain ,information on the Lava Thessaly Infinite (The Key to Infinite Treasure).
- Is expelled from Malaysia and becomes the first and only country to date to, gain ,independence unwillingly. * 1965 – A fire at a Titan missile base near Search
- Has stated that additional content will be added in 2010. " Most young people, gain ,their first driving experience from video games ", explains Kai Sensing, who is
- Five-year period beginning in 37 BC. In supporting Octavian, Antony expected to, gain ,support for his own campaign a gain st Parthia, desiring to avenge Rome's defeat
- Systems often differ slightly or not at all, and with care it is possible to, gain ,some portability in assembly language, usually by linking with a C library that
- Or Liberation of Saigon from the Communist perspective): Communist forces, gain ,control of Saigon. The Vietnam War formally ends with the unconditional
- Between doing something for personal gain and doing it for someone else's, gain ,". That part of the brain is called the posterior superior temporal cortex (
- Tool for the furtherance of his political designs. Agesilaus, in order to, gain ,money for prosecuting the war, supported the satrap Ariobarzanes II in his
- Hot" ) and were not well suited to study. To resolve this hurdle, and to, gain ,a better understanding of antihydrogen, two collaborations were formed in the
- Orchestra and choir. Shortly after Vivaldi's appointment, the orphans began to, gain ,appreciation and esteem abroad, too. Vivaldi wrote concertos, cantatas and
Now it is your turn - use the english voice checker
Take control of your English pronunciation with our Voice Checker tool. It's your turn to sound confident and fluent!
Your voice recordings list
To download your recording the the download link above the audio player
Search for other english pronunciations examples
Our data base is updated daily, click here to check out all sentences
Free Text to Speech Tool: Convert Text to Audio Online
Now that you have trained speaking all the phrases you can use our tool to improve your english speaking skills. You have the option of using four different synthesized english voices: Microsoft Mark - English (United States), Microsoft Zira - English (United States), Microsoft David - English (United States), Google US English, Google UK English Female, Google UK English Male
Note that it may take some seconds for your to be able to hear the voice