Examples of the the word, abandon , in a Sentence Context
The word ( abandon ), is the 2906 most frequently used in English word vocabulary
Mastering contextual understanding of words and phrases is a vital skill for effective communication and English learning. Enhance your proficiency by practicing with our handpicked collection of 50 English phrases.
At the end of the list you can practice your english pronunciation
- Landlords to maintain existing buildings with their existing tenants than to, abandon ,or destroy those buildings. In the 1970s,the Bronx was plagued by a wave of
- Wherein he/she will likely be lower in the scheme of things),or (3), abandon , these hierarchies altogether and join/form a non-hierarchical association such
- Planets are steadily expanding outward from the Sun. This has led to calls to, abandon ,the astronomical unit as a unit of measurement. There have also been calls to
- For the men; though in American Smooth it is now conventional for the men to, abandon ,the tail suit in favor of shorter tuxedos, vests,and other creative outfits.
- Philosophy of Søren Kierkegaard convinced many later philosophers to, abandon ,these attempts, regarding it impossible to construct any unassailable proof for
- His first marriage. He claimed that their intentions were to force a man to, abandon ,his life's work for their interests. He found women" tolerable ", he wrote
- Of the Saint Lawrence River. *1777 – American Revolutionary War: British forces, abandon ,the Siege of Fort Steinway after hearing rumors of Continental Army
- The inland areas of Belize, but Maya rebellions and attacks forced them to, abandon ,these efforts. English and Scottish buccaneers known as the Laymen first
- A research team to develop a new island defense strategy. The team chose to, abandon ,the early beach-based perimeter defense tactics and reckless Banzai attacks.
- The same would be true if an intact apostolic succession should completely, abandon ,the teachings of the apostles and their immediate successors. An abandon ment
- Peter. The uncertainty that in some cases results has made it advisable to, abandon ,the assignation of successive numbers in the list of the popes. History Saint
- BC in Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia (Ancient Iraq) when humans started to, abandon ,a nomadic existence, thus causing a need for the construction of shelter.
- Apart. Finally, around 1396 the Bull invaders forced Mai Umar Idris to, abandon ,Jimi and move the Kane people to Born on the western edge of Lake Chad.
- Head of the army) on a mission to Russia on 5 June. U-72 was forced to, abandon ,her mission without laying any mines when an oil leak meant she was laying a
- Has noted that, contrary to this view, at the end of 1982 the team had to, abandon ,their new BT51 car, built on the basis that ground effect would be permitted in
- And forcing the UK to spend over $8bn defending the pound) forced it to, abandon ,its policy. Since then, he has been a harsh critic of clumsy bank policies and
- Not adhere to a particular explanation, only in such measure as to be ready to, abandon ,it if it is proved with certainty to be false; lest holy Scripture be exposed
- Subdued voice. " For the writer William Boyd,Chekhov's breakthrough was to, abandon ,what William Gerhard called the" event plot" for something more" blurred
- Although the Allies had captured Barcelona that year, they had been forced to, abandon ,their campaign on the Moselle, had stalled in the Spanish Netherlands, and
- Extreme unction. He died the next morning, his last words being" May God never, abandon ,me," and was buried in the cemetery of Saint-Étienne-du-Mont. The headaches
- Of the first several probes will lead to a disk seek. A common method is to, abandon ,binary searching for linear searching as soon as the size of the remaining span
- Committee on Banking and Currency, blamed Jews for Roosevelt's decision to, abandon ,the gold standard, and claimed that" in the United States today, the Gentiles
- Booty to camps each afternoon...." On May 13, 1864,when the Union decided to, abandon ,Alexandria, the city was set afire despite General Banks' order to the
- Under development. It is intended for use by both those who would like to, abandon ,Linnaeus taxonomy and those who would like to use taxa and clades side by side.
- Career for which she has no talent or ambition. Kane finally allows her to, abandon ,her singing career after she attempts suicide, but after a span of time spent
- Infantry fell back towards Iowa in pouring rain. They were forced to, abandon ,several guns which became bogged down in the muddy roads. On 1 September, the
- Users may use different compression programs without having to modify or, abandon ,their archiver. *The archives use solid compression. Unlike an archiver that
- Against the ambition of Octavian, who he presumed would not be willing to, abandon ,his position similarly. The causes of mutual dissatisfaction between
- Hierarchy' ( answerable to management, bosses,etc.) is free at all times to, abandon ,this voluntary 'hierarchy' and (1) create an organization within which
- In the battle is achieved when one of the opposing sides forces the other to, abandon ,its mission, or to surrender its forces, or routs the other, i. e., forces it
- Members of the National Constituent Assembly take an oath to end feudalism and, abandon ,their privileges. *1790 – A newly passed tariff act creates the Revenue Cutter
- A mandate for tariffs. From the outside, Lloyd George called for the party to, abandon ,the government completely in defense of free trade, but only a few MPs and
- A musical score that was entirely classical. Unhappy with the decision to, abandon ,that score, he heavily criticized the band's experimental mix of hip hop
- With a royal charter. The advent of farming encouraged hunter-gatherers to, abandon ,nomadic lifestyles and to settle near others who lived by agricultural
- Of the mobility of the Earth and the immobility of the Sun, and ordered him to, abandon ,it. Galileo agreed. When Galileo later complained of rumors to the effect that
- Became entangled in nets that fouled one of the propellers, forcing them to, abandon ,the operation and return home. U-74 was detected by four armed trawlers on 27
- After 28 days at sea, the ship's cargo caught fire and the crew was forced to, abandon ,ship. All the specimens Wallace had on the ship, the vast majority of what
- Economy for total war. Once war had begun, Hitler urged his economic experts to, abandon ,caution and expend all available resources on the war effort. The expansion
- Cicero states that Anaximander convinced the inhabitants of Lace daemon to, abandon ,their city and spend the night in the country with their weapons because an
- And later wrote that it was while travelling on the Rhine that he decided to, abandon ,the law:" I determined when descending those magical waters that I would not
- Underwent a profound personal crisis, leading him to convert to Christianity, abandon ,his career in rhetoric, quit his teaching position in Milan, give up any ideas
- Master then journeyed to Wittenberg, where he was advised by Martin Luther to, abandon ,the rules of his Order, to marry, and to convert Prussia into a hereditary
- Invasion. *1831 – French intervention forces William I of the Netherlands to, abandon ,his attempt to suppress the Belgian Revolution. *1851 – Isaac Singer is granted
- Could possess, and required Britain to accept parity with the U. S. and to, abandon ,the British alliance with Japan. The Washington treaty was followed by a series
- Iztaccihuatl, Popocatepetl and even Colima, the latter of which they had to, abandon ,owing to a volcanic eruption. During this period, Eckenstein revealed mystical
- Without supplies, he was unable to maintain this position for long. Forced to, abandon ,Hormuz in January 1508,he raided coastal villages to resupply the settlement of
- Assumption to be Bayesian. It is true that in consistency a personalist could, abandon ,the Bayesian model of learning from experience. Salt could lose its Seymour. "
- Form of" to be "; this and many other examples show that he did not intend to, abandon ," to be" as such. In fact, he said explicitly that there were no structural
- Believes a black lawman will so offend the townspeople that they will either, abandon ,the town or lynch the new sheriff. With his quick wits and the assistance of
- Reception of his work led him to focus on folk music research after 1911 and, abandon ,composition except folk music arrangements (Gillies 1993,404;
Now it is your turn - use the english voice checker
Take control of your English pronunciation with our Voice Checker tool. It's your turn to sound confident and fluent!
Your voice recordings list
To download your recording the the download link above the audio player
Search for other english pronunciations examples
Our data base is updated daily, click here to check out all sentences
Free Text to Speech Tool: Convert Text to Audio Online
Now that you have trained speaking all the phrases you can use our tool to improve your english speaking skills. You have the option of using four different synthesized english voices: Microsoft Mark - English (United States), Microsoft Zira - English (United States), Microsoft David - English (United States), Google US English, Google UK English Female, Google UK English Male
Note that it may take some seconds for your to be able to hear the voice