Examples of the the word, reference , in a Sentence Context
The word ( reference ), is the 713 most frequently used in English word vocabulary
Mastering contextual understanding of words and phrases is a vital skill for effective communication and English learning. Enhance your proficiency by practicing with our handpicked collection of 50 English phrases.
At the end of the list you can practice your english pronunciation
- Are currently known. History Argon (αργος, Greek meaning" inactive ", in, reference , to its chemical inactivity) was suspected to be present in air by Henry
- The Greek () meaning the" East" or more literally" sunrise ". The precise, reference ,of this term has varied over time, perhaps originally referring only to the
- Religions such as Buddhism, tend to believe in an afterlife, but without, reference ,to a God. The Sadducee's were an ancient Jewish sect that generally believed
- Allude to Hazard, a pun on the book's destructive and dangerous nature, or a, reference ,to Lovecraft's ancestors by that name. It might also have been a pun on "
- Today, native versions of the name accordion are more common. These names are a, reference ,to the type of accordion patented by Cyril Damian, which concerned "
- Truths prevent us from reaching God rationally. Camus regretted the continued, reference ,to himself as a" philosopher of the absurd ". He showed less interest in the
- Plays have the title formula: One of Our e. g Slaves has an Enormous Knob (a, reference ,to the exaggerated appendages worn by Greek comic actors) * Aristophanes
- Is represented as suffering an attack of hiccoughs and this might be a humorous, reference ,to the crude physical jokes in his plays. He tells the other guests that he is
- Every thought, speech,and gesture, conscious or unconscious, is an indirect, reference , " Spiritual and recreational use of drugs Crowley was a habitual drug user and
- Used so commonly before Alhazred's name that it almost constitutes a title. A, reference ,to the" Mad Arab" in Cthulhu Mythos fiction is invariably a synonym for Abdul
- Diogenes Laertes from Lives and Opinions of Eminent Philosophers. In, reference ,to Plato’s Ideas, Schopenhauer quotes Laertes verbatim in an explanatory
- Necronomicon calls" Rob el Chalice" or" Rob el Khalid" — presumably a, reference ,to the Empty Quarter or" Rub all Kali ". At the center of the area they
- Stage" ( Melody Maker). One of the Royal Albert Hall concerts was filmed as a, reference ,for the filming of the Australian tour for what became, though it is not known
- S Executive Secretary, Margaret Herrick, first saw the award in 1931 and made, reference ,to the statuette's reminding her of her" Uncle Oscar" ( a nickname for her
- Frost and The American Museum of Natural History, available as the online, reference ,database Amphibian Species of the World. The numbers of species cited above
- I will not allow the Athenians to sin twice against philosophy," a, reference ,to Athens's prior trial and execution of Socrates. He died in Europa of
- Hypothesis can still be found in encyclopedias, atlases,and similar general, reference ,works, it has not had any adherents in the linguistics community for decades.
- Of the characters of Kobe are a grotesque policeman named 'Marcel Fuel ', as a, reference ,to Poirot ('Poirot' and 'Fuel' are written the same way in Hebrew, פוארו ).
- Arabic Pre-Islamic Arabia In pre-Islamic Arabia, Allah was used by Meccas as a, reference ,to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity. Allah was not considered the
- In the seventh part of the comics' series Jaunts: Labyrinth, with explicit, reference ,in the plot to Korzybski's" the map is not the territory ". Some of the
- Since dramatic poets usually directed their own plays and therefore the, reference ,in the play could be either to Aristophanes or Altostratus. Similarly, the
- Aphrodite). Adulthood Aphrodite had no childhood: in every image and each, reference ,she is born as an adult, nubile,and infinitely desirable. Aphrodite is often
- Scarlet Woman, the name Crowley used for his female sex magic practitioners in, reference ,to the consort of the Beast of the Apocalypse whose number is 666. The name of
- Of more than 1.28 million. The adjectival form" Adelaidean" is used in, reference ,to the city and its residents. Adelaide is a coastal city situated on the
- World. Camus identified with the idea that a personal experience could become a, reference ,point for his philosophical and literary writings. Although he considered
- Herman José),there is a character named Hercules Pro. Aside from the clear, reference ,to Agatha Christie's character,'Pro' also is a misspelling of the word
- Moldovan or the Gravitation. In this way, archaeologists provide a vast frame of, reference ,for the places human beings have traveled, their ways of making a living, and
- Often erroneously referred to as a tribute to Alan Turing, with the bite mark a, reference ,to his method of suicide. Both the designer of the logo and the company deny
- Of the Illuminati (aka Cosmic Trigger Volume One),interpreted the child as a, reference ,to genes in sperm. Crowley added in a footnote to the text on sacrifice," the
- Fog, and mystery stupefy, their minds ... Politeness has forbidden any direct, reference ,to the subject of sex to secure no happier result than to allow Sigmund Freud
- Film. * Baby Monster wrote a song called" Ultra Violence and Beethoven," a, reference ,to a commonly-used phrase throughout the novel and film. * American rapper Cage
- Purification ", and with (aloud)," simple ", in particular in, reference ,to the Thessalian form of the name, and finally with (Babylon),"
- Window of his lodgings in San Giuliano, Italy. * Aristophanes (particularly in, reference ,to The Clouds) is mentioned frequently by the character Menders in the
- Derived from the Greek word αργον meaning" lazy" or" the inactive one ",a, reference ,to the fact that the element undergoes almost no chemical reactions. The
- With the measure of a soul's mass. The title of the 2003 movie 21 Grams is a, reference ,to MacDougall's findings. The Society for Psychical Research was founded in
- To the minor axis r. Applications and uses The term is most commonly used with, reference ,to: ** Display aspect ratio - The aspect ratio for computer displays. **
- Inspiration for Al-Jazair. The Merciful Fate albums Time and Into the Unknown, reference ,Shared. The MMORPG Wizard101 features a ROK called Shared who teaches
- Used 46 times respectively. The name was previously used by pagan Meccas as a, reference ,to a creator deity, possibly the supreme deity in pre-Islamic Arabia. The
- Of the United States Department of Defense, was named after Lovelace. The, reference ,manual for the language was approved on 10 December 1980,and the Department of
- Gladiatorial games often reference d classical mythology, and this seems to, reference ,Achilles' fight with Penthesilea but gives it an extra twist of Achilles '
- Mall is an anchor, and there's a large anchor monument at its entrance, as a, reference ,to the ancient Greek name of the city, Ἄγκυρα (Ankara),which means anchor.
- Formed the upper class in Ancient Egypt, the so-called" white kilt class" in, reference ,to the bleached linen garments that served as a mark of their rank. The upper
- Even went so far as to protest against the use of the pronoun" it" in, reference ,to animals because it led to the treatment of them as though they were
- NAACP, said celebrating the Civil War is like celebrating the" Holocaust ". In, reference ,to slavery Melton said that black" rights were taken away" and that blacks
- Recursion or iteration: A recursive algorithm is one that invokes (makes, reference ,to) itself repeatedly until a certain condition matches, which is a method
- Was consecrated. The Jews came to call the town Jerusalem of the West,a, reference ,to their sense of belonging there. As they became established in the city
- Or authenticated, it will also include a caption with a venue and title in, reference ,to judicial proceedings. In some cases, an introductory clause, called a
- Father and son in a rage. However, none of the sources before Status makes any, reference ,to this general invulnerability. To the contrary, in the Iliad Homer mentions
- In reincarnation simply accepted it as a divine reality. Although there is no, reference ,to reincarnation in the Talmud or any prior writings, according to rabbis such
- Of Mylène, Iliou Persia by Arctics of Miles, there is no trace of any, reference ,to his general invulnerability or his famous weakness (heel); in the later
Now it is your turn - use the english voice checker
Take control of your English pronunciation with our Voice Checker tool. It's your turn to sound confident and fluent!
Your voice recordings list
To download your recording the the download link above the audio player
Search for other english pronunciations examples
Our data base is updated daily, click here to check out all sentences
Free Text to Speech Tool: Convert Text to Audio Online
Now that you have trained speaking all the phrases you can use our tool to improve your english speaking skills. You have the option of using four different synthesized english voices: Microsoft Mark - English (United States), Microsoft Zira - English (United States), Microsoft David - English (United States), Google US English, Google UK English Female, Google UK English Male
Note that it may take some seconds for your to be able to hear the voice