Examples of the the word, against , in a Sentence Context
The word ( against ), is the 252 most frequently used in English word vocabulary
Mastering contextual understanding of words and phrases is a vital skill for effective communication and English learning. Enhance your proficiency by practicing with our handpicked collection of 50 English phrases.
At the end of the list you can practice your english pronunciation
- Love particularly stressed women's rights since most sexual laws discriminated, against ,women: for example, marriage laws and anti-birth control measures. But also
- Of Homer's Iliad. Achilles was named the most handsome of the heroes assembled, against ,Troy by Plato. Later legends (beginning with a poem by Status in the 1st
- Gain ground in the war, so that he may regain his honor. As the battle turned, against ,the Greeks, thanks to the influence of Zeus, Nestor declared that the Trojans
- The country on the least feed. Napoleon announces an alliance with the humans, against ,the laboring classes of both" worlds ". He abolishes practices and traditions
- Charlemagne) granted a charter to the Andorran people in return for fighting, against ,the Moors. Over lordship of the territory was by the Count of Urgell and
- Referring to" autistic withdrawal of the patient to his fantasies, against ,which any influence from outside becomes an intolerable disturbance ". The word
- On an uncompromising young architect named Howard Roar and his struggle, against ,what Rand described as" second-handers"—those who attempt to live through
- Divided Speech, drawing on Mark's gospel from the Bible:" A house divided, against ,itself cannot stand. I believe this government cannot endure permanently half
- And prospectively more supportive of the Commander in Chief. Burnside, against ,the advice of the president, prematurely launched an offensive across the
- Fled to Ukraine. There, in the Free Territory, they fought in the civil war, against ,the Whites (a grouping of monarchists and other opponents of the October
- In 1642,during the English Civil War, as a term of abuse, used by Royalists, against ,their Round head opponents. In opposition to Jacobin centralization of power
- Soon follow. Statehood supporters also found themselves fighting major battles, against ,political foes, mostly in the U. S. Congress but also within Alaska. Statehood
- Of Boas' anthropologist contemporaries were active in the allied war effort, against ,the" Axis" ( Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, and Imperial Japan). Many served
- About the Bolshevik revolution. However, the Bolsheviks soon turned, against ,the anarchists and other left-wing opposition, a conflict that culminated in
- Passing Troy. In AD 216 the Roman Emperor Caracalla, while on his way to war, against ,Parthia, emulated Alexander by holding games around Achilles' cumulus.
- Writing style. However, by the time she wrote The Fountainhead, Rand had turned, against ,Nietzsche's ideas, and the extent of his influence on her even during her
- Elected in Alabama since Reconstruction when he won 57 % of the vote statewide, against ,Bailey. Since 1986,Republicans have won six of the seven Governors elections
- Anti-inflammatory injections after every match. After a tough four-set win, against ,Andrei Pavel, Agassi faced eighth-seeded Marcos Baghdadi in the second round
- His works. Near the end of Alexander's life, Alexander began to suspect plots, against ,himself, and threatened Aristotle in letters. Aristotle had made no secret of
- Instance, in the 2007 regular season, each team in the AFC West played one game, against ,each team in both the AFC South and the NFC North. In this way division
- Politically, Lincoln fought back with patronage, by pitting his opponents, against ,each other, and by appealing to the American people with his powers of oratory.
- Al-Bīrūnī, Avicenna and In Khan. In particular, they wrote refutations, against ,the idea of the transmutation of metals. Alchemy in Medieval Europe Because of
- Farmers, consumers,and policymakers. In recent years there has been a backlash, against ,perceived external environmental effects of mainstream agriculture
- When it failed to garner sufficient Whig supporters. Lincoln also spoke out, against ,the Mexican–American War, which he attributed to President Polk's desire for "
- Notable is Aristotle's division of sensation and thought, which generally went, against ,previous philosophers,except Actaeon. Successor: Theophrastus
- Its leaders would simply take the place of the ruling class they had fought, against , In 1872,the conflict climaxed with a final split between the two groups at
- Hank's character. She uses James Haggard for sex as victory and revenge, against ,Hank and Deign. This does give her the satisfaction she desires and she
- Animal Farm. The Seven Commandments were designed to unite the animals together, against ,the humans and prevent animals from following the humans' evil habits. Since
- And 15th centuries. Pope John XXII in the early 14th century issued an edict, against ,alchemy, and the Cistercians banned the practice amongst their members, which
- Groups Berber with Chadic and both more distantly with Semitic, as, against , Cushitic and Omotic. He places Angola in South Omotic. Position among the world
- Movements. Anarchists became known for their involvement in protests, against ,the meetings of the World Trade Organization (WTO),Group of Eight, and the
- Berber identity movements; and Islamic integrates. Both groups protested, against ,one-party rule but also clashed with each other in universities and on the
- To anything else. The clocks at different institutions are regularly compared, against ,each other. The International Bureau of Weights and Measures (BIPM, France )
- S tendency to act altruistically and compared each person's level of altruism, against ,their fMRI brain scan. The results showed that PTC activity rose in proportion
- The Mongols, the Arab world, and Europe. Gunpowder was used by the Mongols, against ,the Hungarians in 1241,and in Europe by the 14th century. Chinese alchemy was
- Immoral" and" disgusting ", while also advocating the repeal of all laws, against ,it. She also endorsed several Republican candidates for President of the United
- To obey the state when its laws conflict with individual autonomy. One reaction, against ,sectarianism within the anarchist milieu was" anarchism without adjectives "
- Completed character cell are photographed one-by-one onto motion picture film, against ,a painted background by a rostrum camera. The traditional CEL animation process
- General Don Carlos Bell likewise refused orders to move the Army of the Ohio, against ,rebel forces in eastern Tennessee. As a result, Lincoln replaced Bell with
- Estate in Challis, explaining," I will not allow the Athenians to sin twice, against ,philosophy," a reference to Athens's prior trial and execution of Socrates.
- Merely a formula of adulation; its object was either to implore protection, against ,disease and misfortune, or to offer thanks after such protection had been
- Of feminism in the 1960s. The American Civil Rights Movement and the movement, against ,the war in Vietnam also contributed to the revival of North American anarchism.
- A long part of the transmission unreadable. The standards committee decided, against ,shifting, and so ASCII required at least a seven-bit code. The committee
- The natural sciences, were not possible. In doing so, he fought discrimination, against ,immigrants, blacks,and indigenous peoples of the Americas. Many Americans
- Actress Brooke Shields on April 19, 1997. In February 1998 they filed suit, against ,The National Enquirer, claiming it printed" false and fabricated" statements
- Water pollution, and farm subsidies. In recent years there has been a backlash, against ,the external environmental effects of conventional agriculture, resulting in
- An American jurist who ruled in favor of Midas Mulligan during the case brought, against ,him by the incompetent loan applicant. When Narragansett's ruling was reversed
- Any dissent from the others.; The Hens: The hens are among the first to rebel, against ,Napoleon: in response to their being forced to give more eggs, they destroy
- And his first tournament was in La Quinta, California. He won his first match, against ,John Austin 6–4,6–2 but then lost his second match to Mats Wander 6–1,6–1.
- As Newly (2004) concludes, there was no effort to engage in" total war ", against ,civilians, as in World War II. Confederate general Jubal Anderson Early began a
Now it is your turn - use the english voice checker
Take control of your English pronunciation with our Voice Checker tool. It's your turn to sound confident and fluent!
Your voice recordings list
To download your recording the the download link above the audio player
Search for other english pronunciations examples
Our data base is updated daily, click here to check out all sentences
Free Text to Speech Tool: Convert Text to Audio Online
Now that you have trained speaking all the phrases you can use our tool to improve your english speaking skills. You have the option of using four different synthesized english voices: Microsoft Mark - English (United States), Microsoft Zira - English (United States), Microsoft David - English (United States), Google US English, Google UK English Female, Google UK English Male
Note that it may take some seconds for your to be able to hear the voice