Examples of the the word, states , in a Sentence Context
The word ( states ), is the 355 most frequently used in English word vocabulary
Mastering contextual understanding of words and phrases is a vital skill for effective communication and English learning. Enhance your proficiency by practicing with our handpicked collection of 50 English phrases.
At the end of the list you can practice your english pronunciation
- Under Union control in two states . Once the abolition of slavery in the rebel, states ,became a military objective, as Union armies advanced south, more slaves were
- The Copperheads. Lincoln was re-elected in a landslide, carrying all but three, states , and receiving 78 percent of the Union soldiers' vote. On March 4,1865
- The Union: Lincoln had over and over again made clear that he wanted the, states ,to emancipate the slaves (which they officially did in 1865 by ratifying the
- By the Constitution, which before 1865,committed the issue to individual, states , He argued before and during his election that the eventual extinction of
- For the freedmen. Lincoln stated that his Louisiana plan did not apply to all, states ,under Reconstruction. Shortly before his assassination Lincoln announced he had
- U. S. territory. At the beginning of the war, he also sought to persuade the, states ,to accept compensated emancipation in return for their prohibition of slavery (
- President in 1860. Following declarations of secession by southern slave, states , war began in April 1861,and he concentrated on both the military and
- The Constitution, which had passed in Congress and protected slavery in those, states ,where it already existed. A few weeks before the war, he went so far as to pen
- 20,000 western recruits stationed in the Trans-Mississippi West territories and, states ,to fight American Indians. President Lincoln had planned to reform federal
- From the American Civil War until World War II, Alabama,like many Southern, states , suffered economic hardship, in part because of continued dependence on
- In the southern United States but had been generally outlawed in the northern, states , such as Illinois. Lincoln disapproved of slavery, and the spread of slavery to
- Education system has improved, it lags behind in achievement compared to other, states , According to U. S. Census data,Alabama's high school graduation rate – 75 %
- Redefining the republic and republicanism The successful reunification of the, states ,had even grammatical consequences for the very name of the country. The term "
- Control, with exemptions specified for areas already under Union control in two, states , Once the abolition of slavery in the rebel states became a military objective
- To two other future kings: Ptolemy and Cassandra. In his Politics, Aristotle, states , that only one thing could justify monarchy, and that was if the virtue of the
- An average of about 36 % nationwide. Alabama is also one of the few remaining, states ,that levies a tax on food and medicine. Alabama's income tax on poor working
- This. St Thomas Aquinas in the Summat Theological, I: II Question 26,Article 4, states , that we should love ourselves more than our neighbor. His interpretation of
- Fire the first shot; they did just that. " On April 15,Lincoln called on the, states ,to send detachments totaling 75,000 troops to recapture forts, protect
- Vespasian Johnson as the vice-presidential candidate. Delegates from 11 slave, states ,walked out of the Democratic convention, disagreeing with Douglas's position
- Which, in his view, still existed intact despite the actions of the seceding, states , This call forced the states to choose sides. Virginia declared its secession
- Sovereign nation, the Confederate States of America. The upper South and border, states ,(Delaware, Maryland,Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee,Kentucky, Missouri
- Valley creating numerous creeks, streams,rivers, mountains,and lakes. The, states ,bordering Alabama are Tennessee to the north; Georgia to the east; Florida to
- Measure, on January 1,1863,all persons held as a slave in the Confederate, states ,will thenceforward, and forever, be free. " Privately, Lincoln concluded at
- Was never a national holiday, but it was at one time observed by as many as 30, states , The Abraham Lincoln Association was formed in 1908 to commemorate the
- His cabinet revealed Lincoln planned short term military control over southern, states , until readmission under the control of southern Unionists. Redefining the
- Prosperity. And the Voting Rights Act of 1965. DE sure segregation ended in the, states ,as Jim Crow laws were invalidated or repealed. Under the Voting Rights Act of
- Associates anticipated questions of how to reintegrate the conquered southern, states , and how to determine the fates of Confederate leaders and freed slaves.
- And West, no ballots were cast for him in ten of the fifteen Southern slave, states , and he won only two of 996 counties in all the Southern states . Lincoln
- To analyze societies that were not as 'differentiated' as European nation, states , Two works by Mass in particular proved to have enduring relevance: Essay on
- Run in Los Angeles until mid-2009,thus qualifying for the 2010 awards. Rule 2, states , that a film must be feature-length, defined as a minimum of 40 minutes, except
- Mistreated Union prisoners, and would sign an oath of allegiance. As Southern, states ,were subdued, critical decisions had to be made as to their leadership while
- Believed it was not within Congress's power to free the slaves within the, states , he approved the bill in deference to the legislature. He felt such action
- American tribes (most notably the Chickamauga-Cherokee and Yahoo),by other, states ,(e.g. South Carolina); and by the US federal government; Britain and Spain.
- 588,789 votes. Turnout was 82.2 percent, with Lincoln winning the free Northern, states , as well as California and Oregon. Douglas won Missouri, and split New Jersey
- Had to contend with reinforcing strong Union sympathies in the border slave, states ,and keeping the war from becoming an international conflict. The war effort was
- And a receptiveness to certain kinds of cultural relativism. In the successor, states ,of continental Europe, on the other hand, anthropologists often joined with
- Bridge in Foley. In March 2011,Alabama ranked among the top five" Worst ", states ,on the American State Litter Scorecard, for overall poor effectiveness and
- The grounds that it was not within their power, and it would upset the border, states ,loyal to the Union. On June 19, 1862,Congress passed an act banning slavery on
- Definitions of" cause" as either the agent or agency or particular events or, states ,of affairs. More simply again that which immediately sets the thing in motion.
- To cooperate. Under his leadership, the Union took control of the border slave, states ,at the start of the war and tried repeatedly to capture the Confederate capital
- S morality and that Douglas represented a conspiracy to extend slavery to free, states , Douglas said that Lincoln was defying the authority of the U. S. Supreme Court
- That he had no intention, or inclination, to abolish slavery in the Southern, states ,: The President ended his address with an appeal to the people of the South: "
- 1862,and put into effect on January 1,1863,declared free the slaves in ten, states ,not then under Union control, with exemptions specified for areas already under
- The Republicans did maintain their majorities in Congress and in the major, states , except New York. The Cincinnati Gazette contended that the voters were "
- And Phenix City),as well as sixty learning sites in seventeen other, states ,and eleven other countries. The oldest institutions are the public University
- Southern slave states , and he won only two of 996 counties in all the Southern, states , Lincoln received 1,866,452 votes, Douglas 1,376,957 votes, Breckinridge
- Hypothesizes that autistic behavior arises from an inability to ascribe mental, states ,to oneself and others. The theory of mind hypothesis is supported by autistic
- That child care problems will greatly affect parental employment. US, states ,increasingly require private health insurance to cover autism services
- Mississippi, Alabama,Georgia, Louisiana,and Texas followed. Six of these, states ,then adopted a constitution and declared themselves to be a sovereign nation
- Existed intact despite the actions of the seceding states . This call forced the, states ,to choose sides. Virginia declared its secession and was rewarded with the
Now it is your turn - use the english voice checker
Take control of your English pronunciation with our Voice Checker tool. It's your turn to sound confident and fluent!
Your voice recordings list
To download your recording the the download link above the audio player
Search for other english pronunciations examples
Our data base is updated daily, click here to check out all sentences
Free Text to Speech Tool: Convert Text to Audio Online
Now that you have trained speaking all the phrases you can use our tool to improve your english speaking skills. You have the option of using four different synthesized english voices: Microsoft Mark - English (United States), Microsoft Zira - English (United States), Microsoft David - English (United States), Google US English, Google UK English Female, Google UK English Male
Note that it may take some seconds for your to be able to hear the voice