Examples of the the word, refer , in a Sentence Context
The word ( refer ), is the 790 most frequently used in English word vocabulary
Mastering contextual understanding of words and phrases is a vital skill for effective communication and English learning. Enhance your proficiency by practicing with our handpicked collection of 50 English phrases.
At the end of the list you can practice your english pronunciation
- A given name and surname, an English language contraction of Augustine. It may, refer ,to: Surname *Chase Austin (born 1989),American NASCAR racecar driver *Denise
- Macadam roads led to the word tarmac, which is now used in common parlance to, refer ,to road making materials. However, since the 1970s,when natural gas succeeded
- The term intensity is ambiguous when applied to light. The term can, refer ,to any of irradiance, luminous intensity, radiant intensity, or radiance
- Evidence or reasons for accepting a particular conclusion. Argument may also, refer ,to: Mathematics and computer science *Argument (complex analysis),a function
- Look and act like a human. Although" android" is used almost universally to, refer ,to both sexes, and those of no particular sex," Android" technically refer s
- The" Old World" from the" New World ". In modern times, some idioms, refer ,to the ocean in a humorously diminutive way as the Pond, describing both the
- Kingdom Aberdeen is a city in Scotland, United Kingdom. Aberdeen may also, refer ,to: Aberdeen, Scotland Aberdeen, Scotland,is home of: Africa; Sierra Leone;
- Arabic" and" Standard Arabic" () are less strictly defined terms that may, refer ,to Modern Standard Arabic or Classical Arabic. Some differences between
- As in the song title" Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" ( where" blue" can, refer ,to the color, or to sadness). In narrative, ambiguity can be introduced in
- Will attempt to mitigate the relative seriousness of the offense and heavily, refer ,to and rely upon the defendant's previous good character and good works (if
- Between the English-speaking nations of both continents. Many British people, refer ,to the USA and Canada as" across the pond ", and vice versa. Ocean bottom The
- As well. History The first use of the term" anthropology" in English to, refer ,to a natural science of humanity was apparently in 1593,the first of the "
- And all-comprehensive divine name, and all other divine names are believed to, refer ,back to Allah. Allah is unique, the only Deity, creator of the universe and
- Term for road surfaces. In Canadian English, the word bitumen is used to, refer ,to the vast Canadian deposits of extremely heavy crude oil, while asphalt is
- Painting; genre painting was a phrase used in the 17th to 19th centuries to, refer ,specifically to paintings of scenes of everyday life and can still be used in
- For a viewer who does not know the country of origin of such material to, refer ,to it as simply" anime ". Some works result from co-productions with
- But not the Gentiles. An atlas is a collection of maps. Atlas may also, refer ,to: Greek mythology * Atlas (mythology),a Titan who bore the spheres of the
- And the Canadian Tar Sands. Pitch is another term mistakenly used at times to, refer ,to asphalt/bitumen, as in Pitch Lake. Natural deposits of asphalt include lake
- Values. Austin is the capital of the U. S. state of Texas. Austin may also, refer ,to: Geographical locations In the United States *Austin County, Texas (note
- Or a function or process that an object performs, such as" sweet ride" to, refer ,to a nice car. Metonymy miscommunication is considered a primary mechanism of
- To rise" indicating that part of the world where the sun rises. AA River may, refer ,to: * AA River (Meuse),a river in North Brabant, Netherlands * AA of Weevils
- Or classifier noun (" The anime" ). Synonyms English-speakers occasionally, refer ,to anime as" Jap animation ", but this term has fallen into disuse. "
- Art '. " -Silva Tomaskova Motivated functions of art Motivated purposes of art, refer ,to intentional, conscious actions on the part of the artists or creator. These
- Usually risky undertaking, with an uncertain outcome. The term is often used to, refer ,to activities with some potential for physical danger, such as skydiving
- Was initially used for all kinds of combined natures. Eventually it was used to, refer ,to animals that live both in the water and on land. Evolutionary history The
- With humans and generations. Traditionally, the term art was used to, refer ,to any skill or mastery. This conception changed during the Romantic period
- And Indonesian language Christians in Indonesia and Malaysia also use Allah to, refer ,to God in the Malaysian language and Indonesian Language (both languages forms
- Had begun to be used both within and outside the anarchist movement to, refer ,to individual bombings, regicides and tyrannicides. From 1905 onwards, the
- Oyle, for it is a kind of most Bitumen. " The Simon bitumen is thought to, refer ,to bitumen found at Gasbag. Pliny refer s also to bitumen being found in Virus
- Here We Rest. " The meaning may have been" careers of the thicket" which may, refer ,to clearing of land for cultivation The agrarian Mississippian culture covered
- Although the name actually applies to a group of snakes, it is often used to, refer ,only to one species in particular, the common or green anaconda, Eunectes
- Is the substance or material the artistic work is made from, and may also, refer ,to the technique used. For example, paint is a medium used in painting, and
- Individualist anarchism). On the other hand, some use" libertarianism" to, refer ,to individualistic free-market philosophy only, refer ring to free-market
- Ion when dissolved in water. Note that chemists often write H+ (a) and, refer ,to the hydrogen ion when describing acid-base reactions but the free hydrogen
- An animal is a taxonomic member of the Kingdom. Animal or Animals may also, refer ,to: Entertainment Fictional characters *Animal (Muppet),a drummer character
- The whole object (for example" wheels" to refer to a car, or " flowers" to, refer ,to beautiful offspring, an entire plant, or a collection of blooming plants).
- USD) deal with a Japanese TV station, although at the time, the term used to, refer ,to Okayama was" Research Cosmonaut ". Okayama suffered severe space-sickness
- Or coal tars. Modern usage In British English, the word 'asphalt' is used to, refer ,to a mixture of mineral aggregate and bitumen (or tarmac in common parlance).
- Or jargon, for the name of the whole object (for example" wheels" to, refer ,to a car, or " flowers" to refer to beautiful offspring, an entire plant, or a
- Overlap Berlin-Hamburg-Münster,2006,ISBN 3825896683 Ada, ADA,or A. D. A. may, refer ,to: People * Ada de Warenne, Countess of Northumbria and Huntington (died 1178
- And" Amiga" are often used interchangeably even by biologists, and especially, refer ,to a creature moving by using pseudopodia. Most refer ences to" amoebas" or "
- Written in 1079–1080,Byzantine historian Michael Retaliates was the first to, refer ,to Albania as having taken part in a revolt against Constantinople in 1043 and
- Were organic artificial humans, the word" robot" has come to primarily, refer ,to mechanical humans, animals,and other beings. The term" android" can mean
- Described as a series of four stages represented by colors. Alien or Aliens may, refer ,to: * Alien (law),a non-citizen inhabitant of a country * Extraterrestrial
- For instance from recognition of the giving). The term altruism may also, refer ,to an ethical doctrine that claims that individuals are morally obliged to
- Ordinances and Commandments is the pivot of the Muslim faith. All these names, refer ,to Allah, the supreme and all-comprehensive divine name. Muslim discursive
- Only appears in nostalgic contexts. Visual characteristics Many commentators, refer ,to anime as an art form. As a visual medium, it can emphasize visual styles.
- Commonly be called" anime style ", yet fans still use the word" anime" to, refer ,to these titles. Generally, the most common form of anime drawings include "
- Intrinsic, determining cause, embodied in the matter. Formal cause could only, refer ,to the essential quality of causation. A more simple example of the formal
- Connote a sense of trained ability or mastery of a medium. Art can also simply, refer ,to the developed and efficient use of a language to convey meaning with
Now it is your turn - use the english voice checker
Take control of your English pronunciation with our Voice Checker tool. It's your turn to sound confident and fluent!
Your voice recordings list
To download your recording the the download link above the audio player
Search for other english pronunciations examples
Our data base is updated daily, click here to check out all sentences
Free Text to Speech Tool: Convert Text to Audio Online
Now that you have trained speaking all the phrases you can use our tool to improve your english speaking skills. You have the option of using four different synthesized english voices: Microsoft Mark - English (United States), Microsoft Zira - English (United States), Microsoft David - English (United States), Google US English, Google UK English Female, Google UK English Male
Note that it may take some seconds for your to be able to hear the voice