Examples of the the word, luck , in a Sentence Context
The word ( luck ), is the 3018 most frequently used in English word vocabulary
Mastering contextual understanding of words and phrases is a vital skill for effective communication and English learning. Enhance your proficiency by practicing with our handpicked collection of 50 English phrases.
At the end of the list you can practice your english pronunciation
- Shortly after Vivaldi's arrival in Vienna, Charles VI died, a stroke of bad, luck ,that left the composer without royal protection or a steady source of income.
- Frequently, reads:: Well done, Cornstalks! Whip us: Fair and square, : Was it, luck ,that trip us?: Did it scare?: Kangaroo Land's 'Demon, or our own: Want of
- Time for students to leave offerings to the goddess with a note asking for good, luck , or to repent for accidentally breaking any of the college's numerous other
- Borman said," And from the crew of Apollo 8,we close with good night, good, luck , a Merry Christmas, and God bless all of you, all of you on the good Earth ".
- Unlike those of today, had little control over the stone, and relied more on, luck ,than on skill and strategy. It is recorded that in Marvel, East Ayrshire, the
- Will lose less than 1 % of their total wagered amount with strictly average, luck ,; this is very favorable to the player compared to other casino games. The loss
- In any board game. Berliner stated that the victory was largely a matter of, luck , as the computer received more favorable dice rolls. In the late 1980s
- As with most gambling games, successful play requires a combination of, luck ,and skill, as a single dice roll can sometimes significantly change the outcome
- Also engaged in separate operations against the Egyptian government, had bad, luck ,in Sudan. In 1993,a young schoolgirl was killed in an unsuccessful EIC attempt
- But in the end, the Christian lord Olaf Tryggvason, who has a great fate and, luck , arrived with his christened men, and whoever slain by a Christian would stay
- Final:" It says in the good Book,'He that honors me, I will honor. ' Good, luck , " In reality, it was an American team masseur who handed Liddell the note. For
- By chance. There is also more specific kind of chance, which Aristotle names ", luck ,", that can only apply to human beings, since it is in the sphere of moral
- Various bird species often vary across cultures. Owls are associated with bad, luck , witchcraft, and death in parts of Africa, but are regarded as wise across much
- Off the chip rail and should not be held over the table. Players feel it is bad, luck ,for the shooter to leave the table after a successful come-out roll. A shooter
- Obscure 1940s serials of Batman, such as the escapes done almost out of, luck , Vehicles Besides the Bat mobile, other vehicles used by The Dynamic Duo: Of the
- And Spanish 21 games have house edges below 0.5 %. Standard deviation The, luck ,factor in a casino game is quantified using standard deviations (SD). The
- Luck to not be a desirable component of a game, others counter that elements of, luck ,can make for far more diverse and multi-faceted strategies as concepts such as
- To overspend (in moderation),with the points becoming bad stuff - bad, luck ,which the Game master should inflict on the character. Stuff governs how
- Gets. German-style board games are notable for often having rather less of a, luck ,factor than many North American board games. Common terms Although many board
- Attitude. *The Tramp Migratory and does not work where he travels. Down on his, luck ,and depressed about his situation. Emmett Kelly was the preeminent clown of
- Congratulatory handshakes to the winning team. Thanks and wishes of future good, luck ,are usually exchanged between the teams. Special needs in curling has
- To new names to mark significant events, or to end a perceived cycle of bad, luck , In the Ming and Qing dynasties, however,each emperor usually used only one
- Wants to be a loving friend but is" the world's worst jinx," bringing bad, luck ,to all those nearby. Btfsplk (his name is" pronounced" by simply blowing a "
- To shadows. Stuff Unspent character points become good stuff - a good, luck ,for the character. Players are also allowed to overspend (in moderation)
- Been roped off to discourage visitors from rubbing the base of the statue" for, luck ,". In modern culture Beetles still play a role in modern culture such as their
- Or drafted and unsigned out of college by the NFL, went North to try their, luck ,with the CFL, and later returned to the states to play in the AFL. In the
- With a superior strategy will win more often. While some purists consider, luck ,to not be a desirable component of a game, others counter that elements of luck
- Months:" It is an old saying,'the Devil's children have the Devil's, luck , ' I cannot find, or at this moment learn, beyond vague conjecture where the
- Then to play to make the contracted number of tricks (or more if good play or, luck ,allows). If the side that wins the auction (declaring side) then takes the
- Favor of lighter colored animals. * Black cats may be thought of as either good, luck ,or bad. Economy * To say one's accounts are" in the black" is used to mean
- A superstition that intercalary months in certain times of the year bring bad, luck , The main purpose of the intercalary month is to correct for deviations of the
- Would be the belief that a black cat" crossing your path" leads to bad, luck , or that cats are witches' familiars used to augment a witch's powers and
- Problems. Exploits using this technique still must rely on some amount of, luck ,that they will guess offsets on the stack that are within the Nosed region.
- Increasingly despondent, Ged lands on the island of Offish and there his, luck ,begins to turn. The mage of the island is none other than Vetch or Estradiol
- And ladders having no decisions to be made. Most board games involve both, luck ,and strategy. A player may be hampered by a few poor rolls of the dice in Risk
- See reference). After the come-out roll, it is considered bad, luck ,to say the word" seven ". A common" nickname" for this number is" Big Red "
- People with albinism for their body parts, which are thought to bring good, luck , On September 14, 2007,a man named Our Deniz was captured in Ankara, the
- Which will lose the least money to the house in the long term with strictly average, luck , An example of basic strategy is shown in the table below for a common rule set:
- Of class): *The Hobo Migratory and finds work where he travels. Down on his, luck ,but maintains a positive attitude. *The Tramp Migratory and does not work where
- Make for his method to work; the accuracy of his value seems to based more on, luck ,than good measurement, with his various errors cancelling each other out. Jean
- Stuff are often treated with suspicion or hostility. As well as representing, luck , stuff can be seen as representing a character's outlook on the universe:
- Of animals and objects, while retaining the necessity of ritual to ensure good, luck , favorable harvests, and so on. Death Most animistic belief systems hold that
- Tables family, one of the oldest classes of board games in the world. Although, luck ,is involved and factors into the outcome, strategy plays a more important role
- The opponent (offered at 2 points, counter offered at 16 points) should the, luck ,of the dice change. Some players may opt to invoke The Murphy rule or the "
- As 5,000 years ago. Beads have also been used for religious purposes, as good, luck ,talismans, and as curative agents. Modern beading Modern bead work is often used
- Beings, since it is in the sphere of moral actions. According to Aristotle, luck ,must involve choice (and thus deliberation),and only humans are capable of
- For this number is" Big Red ", or just" Red ". It is considered bad, luck ,to change dice in the middle of a roll. If one or both dice leave the table
- The Divisional Playoffs, the Browns needed some serious heroics (and a bit of, luck ,) to overcome the New York Jets. The Jets were leading 20–10 with less than
- 1907 and the Rustlers in 1911 did nothing to change the National League club's, luck , The team became the Braves for the first time in 1912. Their owner, James
- The village's cattle were driven between two fires to purify them and bring, luck ,(Radar DA thane Bhealltainn in Scottish Gaelic,'Between two fires of Beltane
Now it is your turn - use the english voice checker
Take control of your English pronunciation with our Voice Checker tool. It's your turn to sound confident and fluent!
Your voice recordings list
To download your recording the the download link above the audio player
Search for other english pronunciations examples
Our data base is updated daily, click here to check out all sentences
Free Text to Speech Tool: Convert Text to Audio Online
Now that you have trained speaking all the phrases you can use our tool to improve your english speaking skills. You have the option of using four different synthesized english voices: Microsoft Mark - English (United States), Microsoft Zira - English (United States), Microsoft David - English (United States), Google US English, Google UK English Female, Google UK English Male
Note that it may take some seconds for your to be able to hear the voice