Examples of the the word, impose , in a Sentence Context
The word ( impose ), is the 2003 most frequently used in English word vocabulary
Mastering contextual understanding of words and phrases is a vital skill for effective communication and English learning. Enhance your proficiency by practicing with our handpicked collection of 50 English phrases.
At the end of the list you can practice your english pronunciation
- Publication of material deemed likely to jeopardize a fair trial. A judge may, impose ,sanctions such as a fine or jail for someone found guilty of contempt of court.
- To establish and maintain a desired social order, a government or a state may, impose ,more formalized or stricter systems of social control. With institutional and
- Army by extreme parsimony, and neither she nor her son were strong enough to, impose ,military discipline. A three-day riot broke out in Rome between the people and
- Intervention of outside forces. The efforts of the Samurai heirs of Timur to, impose ,a true monarchy on the truculent Pashtun tribes, and their efforts to rule
- Senate sessions, decide the agenda, decide where the session should take place, impose ,order and other rules of the session, meet in the name of the senate with
- To place the Cayman Islands and other financial centers on a" black list" and, impose ,sanctions against them. However, the Cayman Islands successfully avoided being
- Have been said by some to have created extra programming costs because they, impose ,extra compiler, performance,and security costs. Keywords C89 has 32 keywords (
- Needs may influence the process, and certain of our universal mental tools may, impose ,epistemic 'blind spots '. At the group or sociological level, historic factors
- His son King Charles I, with the assistance of Archbishop Laud sought to, impose ,the prayer book on Scotland. The book concerned was not, however,the 1559 book
- Of mind has given rise to many stances regarding consciousness. Any attempt to, impose ,an organization on them is bound to be somewhat arbitrary. Stuart Sutherland
- Radio can only be feasibly set up as a continental system, and trying to, impose ,35 % Canadian content across North America is quite unrealistic. They also
- culture's observations of nature and the conceptual framework they devised to, impose ,an order on those observations or as it relates to the political motives which
- Must prove the four elements of contempt: Australia In Australia a judge may, impose ,a fine or jail. The latter is usually until such time as a person has performed
- Was to institute TV revenue sharing to increase equity amongst the teams and, impose ,a salary cap to keep expenditures down. Players felt that such a cap would
- To where they are most required at any particular time. Artillery command may, impose ,priorities and constraints to support their combined arms commander's plans.
- Being regarded as net of any taxes). However, from 1996,the State started to, impose ,income taxes on Cubans earning hard currency, primarily the self-employed. The
- Wears the chasuble. The Ceremonial Episcoporum recommends, but does not, impose , that in solemn celebrations a bishop should also wear a Dalmatia, which can
- Members from the various tribunals and Coroner's Court all have the power to, impose ,immediate punishments for contempt in the face of the court, derived from
- Route. They must also have an identity document or passport. Nicaragua can also, impose ,timetables on Costa Rican traffic. Nicaragua may require Costa Rican boats to
- In the life of the community, ensuring that the cleansed person will not, impose ,uncleanness on property or its owners (and Babylonian Talmud, TractateChagigah
- Selfish; accordingly, the only way to preserve the social order was to, impose ,discipline from above, and to see to a strict enforcement of laws. The
- Such as a person" held in contempt," it is the judge's strongest power to, impose ,sanctions for acts which disrupt the court's normal process. A finding of
- Rather than governed. When it came to penal sanctions, no officeholder could, impose ,a fine over fifty drachmas. Anything higher had to go before a court. Elected
- Court decision (Worcester v. Georgia),which ruled that Georgia could not, impose ,its laws upon Cherokee tribal lands. Jackson is often quoted (regarding the
- Since 1998,Angola has successfully worked with the UN Security Council to, impose ,and carry out sanctions on UNITS. More recently, it has extended those efforts
- Promote reading and lifelong learning. As NCRL maintains, it is reasonable to, impose ,restrictions on Internet access in order to maintain an environment that is
- Governments do not use the lack of entrenchment of the constitution to, impose ,the will of the government or abolish all civil rights, as they could in theory
- Bill of attainder in 1645,and subsequent execution. Charles also attempted to, impose ,episcopacy on Scotland; the Scots' violent rejection of bishops and liturgical
- Of people to another) requires an authoritarian body of some sort that will, impose ,this ideology. (Voluntarism socialism, of course, is completely compatible
- That he thought that launching a campaign against France would help him to, impose ,himself on the European stage. In 1513,Henry VIII conclusively crossed the
- A show of her generosity and selflessness, metropolitan France, wishing not to, impose ,on her far-away daughters the consequences of her own poverty, is setting
- While all impose penalties for driving with a BAC > 0.08,some, like Colorado, impose ,criminal penalties above 0.05. ) Drivers under 21 (the most common US legal
- Had the right to follow his own religious beliefs and that the state should not, impose ,a religion against Dissenters. But there were limitations. No tolerance should
- Bruce L. Benson notes that, in the interest of deterring crime, legal codes may, impose ,punitive damages for intentional torts. For instance, a thief who breaks into a
- To the individual states the power to regulate DUI penalties; while all, impose ,penalties for driving with a BAC > 0.08,some, like Colorado, impose criminal
- Rose once again in rebellion when the staunchly Protestant Edward VI tried to, impose ,a new Prayer Book. Cornish people were still strongly attached to the Catholic
- Then compensation is that class treatment of claims may be the only way to, impose ,the costs of wrongdoing on the wrongdoer, thus deterring future wrongdoing.
- Oxide emissions. Both the United States and European Union are planning to, impose ,limits to nitrogen oxide emissions, which necessitate the use of a special
- Eruptions and variations in the sun's output. Human activities can also, impose ,forcing, for example, through changing the composition of the atmosphere.
- Be traded on the international market, and the government does not artificially, impose ,a fixed value or minimum value on the currency in international trade. The US
- Organizers of society — politicians, theologians,academics, and families — to, impose ,and ensure order, the rudiments of which change over time as need dictates. One
- Napoleon abuses his powers, making life harder for the animals; the pigs, impose ,more control while reserving privileges for themselves. The pigs rewrite
- Canterbury; Laud aggressively attacked the Presbyterian movement and sought to, impose ,the full Anglican liturgy. The controversy eventually led to Laud's
- This requires U 2L rather than U 2L−1,which accounts for why some textbooks, impose ,this requirement in defining B-trees. Deletion There are two popular strategies
- In response to increasing internal strife, the ACLU national board attempted to, impose ,what many critics labeled a" gag rule" on its employees. The proposal
- Late 19th and 20th century, Serbian and Yugoslav nationalist scholars began to, impose ,policies to change or alter Croatian words into" Serbian" or" South Slavic "
- Authority over that identity. However, it is the editor who has“ the power to, impose ,the dominant definition of the writer and therefore to delimit the population
- From a defendant, the court may immediately pronounce the defendant guilty and, impose ,sentence as if the defendant had otherwise been convicted of the crime. And, as
- From Belarus for indefinite consultations, and called on the European Union to, impose ,sanctions on the Belarusian leadership in order to curtail the human rights
- Life? " The Master replied:" How about 'SHU' reciprocity: never, impose ,on others what you would not choose for yourself? "::::::: Analects XV.24,tr.
Now it is your turn - use the english voice checker
Take control of your English pronunciation with our Voice Checker tool. It's your turn to sound confident and fluent!
Your voice recordings list
To download your recording the the download link above the audio player
Search for other english pronunciations examples
Our data base is updated daily, click here to check out all sentences
Free Text to Speech Tool: Convert Text to Audio Online
Now that you have trained speaking all the phrases you can use our tool to improve your english speaking skills. You have the option of using four different synthesized english voices: Microsoft Mark - English (United States), Microsoft Zira - English (United States), Microsoft David - English (United States), Google US English, Google UK English Female, Google UK English Male
Note that it may take some seconds for your to be able to hear the voice