Examples of the the word, legislation , in a Sentence Context
The word ( legislation ), is the 1417 most frequently used in English word vocabulary
Mastering contextual understanding of words and phrases is a vital skill for effective communication and English learning. Enhance your proficiency by practicing with our handpicked collection of 50 English phrases.
At the end of the list you can practice your english pronunciation
- Legislation The Revolution was in some ways incited by a number of pieces of, legislation ,originating from the British Parliament that, for Americans, were illegitimate
- He or she is legally married to the other person. * Close-in-age—while most, legislation ,dealing with age of consent sets a single age under which sexual relations are
- Comrades and fly with them to Libya. *1977 – US President Jimmy Carter signs, legislation ,creating the United States Department of Energy. *1984 – The Republic of Upper
- Of 1905. A second consequence of the assassination was anti-Jewish pogroms and, legislation , A third consequence of the assassination was that suppression of civil
- And senators who had opposed the measures in the 1850s. Other important, legislation ,involved two measures to raise revenues for the Federal government: tariffs (a
- Of the established United Church of England and Ireland. The propriety of this, legislation ,was bitterly contested by the Oxford Movement (Tractarians),who in response
- Legion have taken stances opposing the ACLU's right to collect fees under such, legislation , Organizational structure The national headquarters of the ACLU is located in
- British control and to which many Loyalist churchmen had migrated. Reluctantly, legislation ,was passed in the British Parliament (the Consecration of Bishops Abroad Act
- Of the USA PATRIOT Act of 2001,the PATRIOT 2 Act of 2003,and associated, legislation ,made in response to the threat of domestic terrorism. The ACLU believes such
- The 1890s the Democrats in Arkansas followed other Southern states in passing, legislation ,and constitutional amendments that disfranchised blacks and poor whites.
- Territory in 1912. Alaska's capital, which had been in Site until the 1900, legislation , mandated its transfer to Juneau (the actual move took place in 1906,after
- Nevertheless, over the following ten years, engaged in extensive reforming, legislation ,affecting the interests of the established United Church of England and Ireland
- Legislature is responsible for writing, debating,passing, or defeating state, legislation , The executive branch is responsible for the execution and oversight of laws.
- Then from England and eventually national synods began to pass ecclesiastical, legislation ,independent of England. A crucial step in the development of the modern
- The Coalition government could often bypass the Australian Democrats, and pass, legislation ,by negotiating with Cols ton and Brian Harmaline. Following the 1998 election
- Farmers and merchants. Historian Bernard Daily wrote: Controversial British, legislation ,The Revolution was in some ways incited by a number of pieces of legislation
- In his diocese. He also was the one bishop that published ecclesiastical, legislation ,during Edward the Confessor's reign, attempting to discipline and reform the
- Johnson, a legislative counsel for the ACLU, stated that proposed anti-spam, legislation ,infringed on free speech by denying anonymity and by forcing spam to be labeled
- By African Americans' leading the Civil Rights Movement and gaining Federal, legislation ,in the mid-1960s to protect their voting and civil rights. The Voting Rights
- General until the latter half of the 19th century. In British parliamentary, legislation ,referring to the English Established Church, it is described as the "
- In the Senate: the numbers were such that they could team with Labor to pass, legislation , or team with the Coalition to block legislation on occasions when the
- Closed to native Egyptians. In 391 the Christian Emperor Theodosius introduced, legislation ,that banned pagan rites and closed temples. Alexandria became the scene of
- By doctors and covered by health insurance based on their Commission E, legislation , Alternative medicine is frequently grouped with complementary medicine or
- The Abdication Act was also required, neither gave it nor allowed the British, legislation ,to take effect in the Free State's jurisdiction; instead, the Irish parliament
- Was essential before Anne's death and used a combination of exclusionary, legislation ,(the Alien Act of 1705),politics, and bribery to achieve it within three
- Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson pushed for civil rights, legislation ,during the 1960s. After over 50 years, marriage rates for all Americans began
- The ACLU fought for the Westbrook Baptist Church and Shirley Phelps-Roper after, legislation ,prevented the group from picketing outside of veterans' funerals. The Westbrook
- The people do not elect representatives to vote on their behalf but vote on, legislation ,and executive bills in their own right. Participation was by no means open, but
- Made in response to the threat of domestic terrorism. The ACLU believes such, legislation ,violates either the letter or the spirit of the U. S. Bill of Rights. In
- Municipal authority and remitted to the provincial government. The relevant, legislation ,requires that all the money raised by this property tax must go to the support
- Type. Soon after the conclusion of peace, important changes were made in, legislation ,concerning industry and commerce, and the new freedom thus afforded produced a
- Programs at the master's level and one at the doctoral level. The enabling, legislation ,consists of: Acadia University Act and the Amended Acadia University Act 2000.
- Same-sex marriage with 75 % voting yes, and the state is one of a handful with, legislation ,on its books banning abortion in the event Roe v. Wade is ever overturned. In
- Soldiers" and" Thank God for 9/11. " The ACLU issued a statement calling the, legislation ,a" law that infringes on Shirley Phelps-Roper's rights to religious liberty
- The United States. " (see also civil liberties) It works through litigation, legislation , and community education. Founded in 1920 by Crystal Eastman, Roger Baldwin and
- Of Adolf Hitler, who came to power on 30 January 1933,instituted repressive, legislation ,denying the Jews basic civil rights and instituted a pogrom on the night of
- Platform as a prerequisite for a change in policy. For example, privatisation, legislation ,under the Hawks government occurred only after holding a special national
- The historical present and represents Alfred's law-giving as a type of divine, legislation , This is the reason that Alfred divided his code into precisely 120 chapters:
- Settlement, the Churches of England and Ireland had been established through, legislation ,in their respective Parliaments; and assumed allegiance and loyalty to the
- Could team with Labor to pass legislation , or team with the Coalition to block, legislation ,on occasions when the Coalition decided to oppose a government bill. Their
- As early as 1997 the ACLU had taken a strong position that nearly all spam, legislation ,was improper, although it has supported" opt-out" requirements in some cases.
- Family, excluding the children of Athenian men and foreign women. Although the, legislation ,was not retrospective, five years later the Athenians removed 5000 from the
- Their prior consultation angered the colonists. 1764–1766: More provocative, legislation ,Britain did not expect the colonies to contribute to the interest or the
- Industry against consumers, with the former scheming to influence politics and, legislation , Smith states that the interest of manufacturers and merchants" ... in any
- South Carolina, that it had the right to" nullify"—declare void—the tariff, legislation ,of 1828,and more generally the right of a state to nullify any Federal laws
- Democrats voted for the Howard Government's right-leaning industrial relations, legislation ,which decreased union power and allowed a larger role for individual
- And the Big 12 Conference. In 1856,the Iowa General Assembly enacted, legislation ,to establish the State Agricultural College and Model Farm. Story County was
- Meg Lees and Andrew Murray agreed to support the A New Tax System (ANTS), legislation , with exemptions from GST for most food and some medicines, as well as many
- She has expressed a variety of views on climate change but has been opposed to, legislation ,reducing emissions. Her views on the subject appear to have hardened over time.
- Of Americans who have aided the View Cong. The committee intends to introduce, legislation ,making these activities illegal. Anti-war demonstrators disrupt the meeting and
Now it is your turn - use the english voice checker
Take control of your English pronunciation with our Voice Checker tool. It's your turn to sound confident and fluent!
Your voice recordings list
To download your recording the the download link above the audio player
Search for other english pronunciations examples
Our data base is updated daily, click here to check out all sentences
Free Text to Speech Tool: Convert Text to Audio Online
Now that you have trained speaking all the phrases you can use our tool to improve your english speaking skills. You have the option of using four different synthesized english voices: Microsoft Mark - English (United States), Microsoft Zira - English (United States), Microsoft David - English (United States), Google US English, Google UK English Female, Google UK English Male
Note that it may take some seconds for your to be able to hear the voice