Examples of the the word, focus , in a Sentence Context
The word ( focus ), is the 475 most frequently used in English word vocabulary
Mastering contextual understanding of words and phrases is a vital skill for effective communication and English learning. Enhance your proficiency by practicing with our handpicked collection of 50 English phrases.
At the end of the list you can practice your english pronunciation
- Of the spontaneous self-centeredness of most of us, Buddhism encourages us to, focus ,love and compassion on others, and thus can be characterized as" altruistic. "
- A defendant committed a particular act),unless clearly erroneous, and so will, focus ,on the court's application of the law to those facts (such as whether the act
- Groups (MPA, UNITA, and FNMA),the territory of Cabinet has been a, focus ,of separatist guerrilla actions opposing the Government of Angola (which has
- Swift’s time. Wittowsky argues that not enough critics have taken the time to, focus ,directly on the mercantilism and theories of labor in 18th century England. "
- To alchemy: concepts of cures for all known diseases, and treatments that, focus ,on anointing the body with oils. Since alchemy eventually became engrained in
- Similar to the notion of chivalry, but unlike the European concept there is a, focus ,on attention to everything in existence. A constant concern for Allah results
- Performance as the gangster so dominates the drama that he shifted the, focus ,from the title character, the alcoholic doctor played by Takashi Chimera, who
- Disney's A Christmas Carol (2009,USA) 2D animation techniques tend to, focus ,on image manipulation while 3D techniques usually build virtual worlds in which
- Then he moved to examining the reaction of and changes in society. His later, focus ,has been on the increasing power of 21st century military hardware, weapons and
- Six-month leave of absence, until the end of June 2009,to allow him to better, focus ,on his health and to allow the company to better focus on its products without
- And private debate, arguments presented in favor of or against abortion access, focus ,on either the moral permissibility of an induced abortion, or justification of
- Now lost. Alchemy in the Islamic world After the fall of the Roman Empire,the, focus ,of alchemical development moved to the Islamic World. Much more is known about
- To attack the theory of a single evolutionary process. Kroemer and Sapir's, focus ,on Native American languages helped establish linguistics as a truly general
- Linguistics as a truly general science and free it from its historical, focus ,on Indo-European languages. The publication of Alfred Kroeber's textbook
- And other filmmakers have sometimes accused his work of elitism, because of his, focus ,on exceptional, heroic individuals and groups of men. In her commentary on the
- On his couch at home. He was 72. Thought Philosophy of the" Will" A key, focus ,of Schopenhauer was his investigation of individual motivation. Before
- Another medical leave of absence, for an indefinite period, to allow him to, focus ,on his health. Chief operating officer Timothy D. Cook took up Jobs '
- Have little empirical support in quality-of-life contexts, and many programs, focus ,on success measures that lack predictive validity and real-world relevance.
- Sets, where a same set can occur more than once as a factor; however, one can, focus ,on elements of such a product that select the same element every time a given
- What their audience comprehends. *Restricted behavior is limited in, focus , interest, or activity, such as preoccupation with a single television program
- To allow him to better focus on his health and to allow the company to better, focus ,on its products without having the rampant media speculating about his health.
- Environment less welcoming to poetry outside of tradition; there was a renewed, focus ,on form and structure among academic poets and critics partly inspired by New
- Be differentiated in four domains: duration of emotional experience, temporal, focus , specificity of threat, and motivated direction. Fear was defined as
- A means of driving the story; and the plot, not the characters, is the chief, focus ,of tragedy. Tragedy is the imitation of action arousing pity and fear, and is
- Martial and philosophical concepts. " That is, that aikido practitioners who, focus ,on aikido's roots in traditional jujitsu or ninjutsu are diverging from what
- Idealized landscapes, but Ming Dynasty paintings are busy and colorful, and, focus , on telling stories via setting and composition. Japan names its styles after
- Poet Walt Whitman. The power of Ginsberg's verse, its searching, probing, focus , its long and lilting lines, as well as its New World exuberance, all echo the
- Or commission the building of) their own custom telescope. Some people even, focus ,on amateur telescope making as their primary interest within the hobby of
- Ab origine) functions as the spiritual head of the Communion. He is the, focus ,of unity, since no church claims membership in the Communion without being in
- Times, such as Carlos for fruit, and pericardial for seed vessel. Rather than, focus ,on formal causes, as Aristotle did, Theophrastus suggested a mechanistic scheme
- In building nationalist perspectives. Ethnologists in these countries tended to, focus ,on differentiating among local ethnolinguistic groups, documenting local folk
- That point on be known as Apple Inc., because computers were no longer the main, focus ,of the company, which had shifted its emphasis to mobile electronic devices.
- Linguistics. The study of kinship and social organization is a central, focus ,of cultural anthropology, as kinship is a human universal. Cultural
- Of confused terminology like infantile schizophrenia, and child psychiatry's, focus ,on maternal deprivation led to misconceptions of autism as an infant's
- Are associated with difficult behaviors and family stress, and are often a, focus ,of clinical attention over and above the primary ASD diagnosis. History A few
- Having an abortion was to postpone childbearing to a more suitable time or to, focus ,energies and resources on existing children. The most commonly reported reasons
- Such as economists, sociologists,and psychologists) in Western countries, focus ,disproportionately on Western subjects, while anthropology focus es
- On particularly problematic moral cases often emerges when participants, focus ,on the facts of the case, rather than on ideology or theory. Thus, a Rabbi, a
- Works on exploring this theory. After The Mirror, he announced that he would, focus ,his work on exploring the dramatic unities proposed by Aristotle: a
- To be applied to the languages attributed to Altaic with the same degree of, focus ,and intensity they have been applied to the Indo-European family (e.g.
- The emotional impact of dealing with an unwanted pregnancy alone is the, focus ,of Things You Can Tell Just By Looking At Her (2000) and Circle of Friends (
- Crimes are only committed by particular types of people. Poirot's methods, focus ,on getting people to talk. Early in the novels, he frequently casts himself in
- The Christian Science Monitor reports that" Counterinsurgency efforts, focus ,on better grasping and meeting local needs" in Afghanistan, under the Human
- Arose as a distinct school of thought within anarchism. With greater, focus ,on the labor movement than previous forms of anarchism, syndicalism posits
- Notable venues, Paradiso and the Mosque are located near the Leidseplein. Both, focus ,on broad programming, ranging from indie rock to hip hop, R&B,and other
- Historical events such as genocide. On this basis, he argues that ethics must, focus ,on 'dialectically integrating opposites' and balancing tension, rather than
- Pressure among authors to write to fit the editors’ expectations, removing the, focus ,from the reader-audience and putting a strain on the relationship between
- In transliteration,i.e. representing the spelling of Arabic, while others, focus ,on transcription,i.e. representing the pronunciation of Arabic. (They differ
- Expansion into the consumer electronics market in addition to its traditional, focus ,on personal computers., Apple had 46,600 full time employees and 2,800
- Investment in Environmental Markets are now in force across the region. These, focus ,on the provision of infrastructure to supply basic services, the development
Now it is your turn - use the english voice checker
Take control of your English pronunciation with our Voice Checker tool. It's your turn to sound confident and fluent!
Your voice recordings list
To download your recording the the download link above the audio player
Search for other english pronunciations examples
Our data base is updated daily, click here to check out all sentences
Free Text to Speech Tool: Convert Text to Audio Online
Now that you have trained speaking all the phrases you can use our tool to improve your english speaking skills. You have the option of using four different synthesized english voices: Microsoft Mark - English (United States), Microsoft Zira - English (United States), Microsoft David - English (United States), Google US English, Google UK English Female, Google UK English Male
Note that it may take some seconds for your to be able to hear the voice