Examples of the the word, critic , in a Sentence Context
The word ( critic ), is the 2637 most frequently used in English word vocabulary
Mastering contextual understanding of words and phrases is a vital skill for effective communication and English learning. Enhance your proficiency by practicing with our handpicked collection of 50 English phrases.
At the end of the list you can practice your english pronunciation
- Lyricist and composer * 1921 – Hayden Carrot, American poet and literary, critic ,(d. 2008) *1923 – Shroud III of Alexandria, Pope of Coptic Christianity *
- 54. He was generally regarded as quiet, shy,and a meticulous observer. Art, critic ,Robert Hughes called him" the white mole of Union Square. " Andy Warhol with
- As an American, for the city’s wartime destruction. The New York Times, critic ,Vincent Candy wrote about this film:" A lot of people at Cannes were outraged
- The young evokes always in Kurosawa’s films high moments of pathos. " The, critic ,Radio NATO considers the recurring character of the" master" to be a type of
- Against everything from the Vietnam War to the War on Drugs. The literary, critic , Helen Gender, described Ginsberg as" tirelessly persistent in protesting
- Analysing various accounts of the tragedy, is a Rashomon-like performance that, critic ,and mystery novelist Robert Barnard called the best of the Christie novels.
- Subsequent books got progressively less attention from reviewers. In 2007,book, critic ,Leslie Clark described her fiction as" romance novels with a patina of
- Fiction as" romance novels with a patina of pseudo-philosophy ". In 2009,Gas, critic ,columnist Tom Carson described her books as" capitalism's version of
- Damietta, French statesman (d. 1882) *1840 – Émile Zola, French novelist and, critic ,(d. 1902) *1841 – Clément Adler, French aviation pioneer (d. 1926) *1861 –
- Of all four members. " By the end of the twentieth century ", American, critic , Chuck Letterman wrote a decade later," it was far more contrarian to hate
- The director himself recognized this at the time of its release, telling, critic , Donald Richie that a cycle of some kind had just come to an end and that his
- Quality, but with a more noticeable environmentalist edge to the writing, notes, critic , Norbert Blew. A close literary relative of the Sac Prairie Saga was Derleth's
- Arnold, who founded Prior's Field School. Julia was the niece of poet and, critic ,Matthew Arnold and the sister of Mrs. Humphrey Ward. Aldous was the grandson of
- Climate and sought to fashion his own mature cinematic voice. " The Japanese, critic ,Radio NATO concurs:" With defeat in World War II, many Japanese ... were
- b. 1900) *1989 – Seymour Rim, American journalist, essayist and literary, critic ,(b. 1922) *1991 – Jean Tingly, Swiss painter and sculptor (b. 1925) *1993
- Owner (d. 1955) *1885 – Georg Lukas, Hungarian-born philosopher and literary, critic ,(d. 1971) * 1885 – Mean Gregg, American baseball player (d. 1964) *1887 –
- 39th Mayor of New York City (b. 1678) *1749 – Johann Elias Schlemiel, German, critic , and poet (b. 1719) *1755 – Francesco Durante, Italian composer (b. 1684)
- Her fragrant memory persists" despite the horrid memories. Though Alexander,a, critic ,of the government, hopes to use Alex as a symbol of state brutality and thereby
- In the commodification of art and aesthetic experience. Hal Foster (art, critic ,) attempted to portray the reaction against beauty and Modernist art in The
- By character comparison between Wagner's Ring and Aeschylus's Orestes. A, critic ,of his book however, while not denying that Wagner read and respected Aeschylus
- When his proposal was accepted. John Jay Parry, the editor of De More, quotes, critic , Robert Boat as describing" De More" as" one of those capital works which
- American actor (b. 1926) *2008 – John Russell, British-born American art, critic ,and author (b. 1919) Holidays and observances ** Leave-Taking of the Feast of
- And 9 percent of Indonesians viewing Jews favorably. Edward Roth stein, cultural, critic , of The New York Times, writes that some dialogue from Middle East media
- The Swiss Federal Council (b. 1811) *1904 – Eduard Han slick, Austrian music, critic ,(b. 1825) *1914 – Ellen Louise Wilson, first wife of U. S. President Woodrow
- Fer enc Puskás, Hungarian footballer (d. 2006) * 1927 – Kenneth Than, English, critic , and writer (d. 1980) *1928 – Joseph Bernard in, American cardinal (d. 1996)
- Queen of the Netherlands (d. 1934) *1865 – Irving Babbitt, American literary, critic ,(d. 1933) * 1865 – John Deck, Australian stained-glass artist (d. 1955)
- Display. The traits described below have received the most attention. Or an art, critic ,can take one look at a statue and instantly realize that it is a fake. These
- And publishing executive (d. 1954) *1898 – Malcolm Cowley, American literary, critic ,(d. 1989) *1899 – Jorge Luis Borges, Argentine writer (d. 1986) * 1899 –
- Writing had largely vanished: he observed bitterly in his autobiography that a, critic ,had said that the hero of his latest play (" God help it" ) was simply "
- The Stalin era before World War II. Orwell, a democratic socialist, was a, critic ,of Joseph Stalin and hostile to Moscow-directed Stalinism, especially after his
- Death. Crowley was also bisexual, a recreational drug experimenter and a social, critic , In many of these roles he" was in revolt against the moral and religious
- Formerly an advocate of Altaic (1994,1995,1997,1999,2000,2001),now a, critic ,of it. Alternate hypotheses *Joseph Greenberg (2000–2002).
- Nor was Kurosawa’s" ironic" use of the soundtrack limited to music. One, critic ,observes that, in Seven Samurai," During episodes of murder and mayhem, birds
- Her in his essay," The Simple Art of Murder ", and the American literary, critic ,Edmund Wilson, who was dismissive of Christie and the detective fiction genre
- Attempted murder (1968) On June 3,1968,Valerie Sonatas shot Warhol and art, critic ,and curator Mario Amaya at Warhol's studio. Before the shooting, Solanas had
- I had been taught to view the universe and the human condition. " The literary, critic ,Leslie A. Fielder said something similar: The American literary critic Fredric
- Literary critic Leslie A. Fielder said something similar: The American literary, critic ,Fredric Jameson says of van Vogt: Nevertheless, van Vogt still has his critic s.
- Thoreau was an American author, poet,naturalist, tax resister, development, critic , surveyor, historian,philosopher, and leading transcendentalist. He is best
- Condemnation. Rand's first novel, We the Living, was admired by the literary, critic ,H. L. Mencken, her Broadway play Night of January 16th was both a critic al and
- American professional baseball player * 1942 – Robert Christian, American music, critic ,*1945 – Margaret Hassan, Irish-born aid worker (d. 2004) * 1946 – Skip Spence
- Inmate who was an erstwhile supporter of Solzhenitsyn, but later became his, critic , According to Solzhenitsyn, publication of the Satin memoirs was canceled at
- And astronomer (d. 1927) *1849 – William Ernest Henley, British poet, critic , and editor (d. 1903) *1852 – Arnold Toynbee, English economist and social
- German mathematician (d. 1939) *1856 – William Martin Conway, English art, critic ,and mountaineer (d. 1937) *1866 – Princess Viktoria of Prussia (d. 1929)
- Parker, American musician (d. 1955) *1922 – Mr. Blackwell, American fashion, critic ,(d. 2008) *1923 – Richard Attenborough, English film director * 1923 –
- Possessed by the devil, and suggested that he be suffocated, although a later, critic ,has cast doubt on the veracity of this report. The earliest well-documented
- York Philharmonic. Gershwin collaborated on the original program notes with the, critic ,and composer Deems Taylor, noting that:" My purpose here is to portray the
- Beginning to define a work of art, to narrow it down. " Imagine you are an art, critic ,whose mission is to compare the meanings you find in a wide range of individual
- Prussian general (b. 1721) *1857 – Rufus Wilmot Griswold, American literary, critic ,and editor (b. 1815) *1865 – Thomas Chandler Haliburton, Canadian author (b.
- Dutch scientist (b. 1605) *1661 – Jin Sheratan, Chinese editor, writer and, critic ,(b. 1608) *1817 – Pierre Samuel du Pont de Nemours, French industrialist (b.
- Republic of Korea Navy * 1949 – Christopher Kitchens, English-born journalist, critic , and author * 1949 – Ricardo Zuni no, Argentine racing driver *1950 – Terry
Now it is your turn - use the english voice checker
Take control of your English pronunciation with our Voice Checker tool. It's your turn to sound confident and fluent!
Your voice recordings list
To download your recording the the download link above the audio player
Search for other english pronunciations examples
Our data base is updated daily, click here to check out all sentences
Free Text to Speech Tool: Convert Text to Audio Online
Now that you have trained speaking all the phrases you can use our tool to improve your english speaking skills. You have the option of using four different synthesized english voices: Microsoft Mark - English (United States), Microsoft Zira - English (United States), Microsoft David - English (United States), Google US English, Google UK English Female, Google UK English Male
Note that it may take some seconds for your to be able to hear the voice