Examples of the the word, behind , in a Sentence Context
The word ( behind ), is the 863 most frequently used in English word vocabulary
Mastering contextual understanding of words and phrases is a vital skill for effective communication and English learning. Enhance your proficiency by practicing with our handpicked collection of 50 English phrases.
At the end of the list you can practice your english pronunciation
- Continued his experiments with his" harmonic telegraph ". The basic concept, behind ,his device was that messages could be sent through a single wire if each
- Numerous Sassanians fled to the fortress of Pornos. Alexander followed close, behind ,their heels and captured the strategic hill-fort after the fourth day of a
- George W. Bush accused Osama bin Laden and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed as the faces, behind ,the attacks. When the Taliban refused to hand over bin Laden to US authorities
- Indicating it was in an orbit about the Moon. Borman saw the Earth emerging from, behind ,the lunar horizon and called in excitement to the others, taking a
- Water pollution, resulting in the organic movement. One of the major forces, behind ,this movement has been the European Union, which first certified organic food
- Is expected to become the third-largest steel producing state in the country, behind ,Indiana and Pennsylvania. Alabama's industrial and manufacturing plants
- Chalcedony the previous year—and proceeded to defeat the Huns who had been left, behind ,by Attila to safeguard their home territories. Attila, hence,faced heavy human
- Issue in November. Darius fled the battle, causing his army to break, and left, behind ,his wife, his two daughters, his mother Sisygambis, and a fabulous amount of
- Fort Sumter on April 12,forcing its capitulation. Northerners rallied, behind ,Lincoln's call for all the states to send troops to recapture the forts and to
- The Meta model,Korzybski's critique of cause-effect thinking, and ideas, behind ,human modeling for performance). As reported in the Third Edition of Science
- Had power over the ghostly world, and it is believed that she was the deity, behind ,the oracle. The older tales mentioned two dragons who were perhaps
- Hoped that PReP's performance and Apple's software would leave the PC far, behind , thus countering Microsoft. The same year, Apple introduced the Power Macintosh
- Deemed his greatest success. She marries him thinking he is the heroic person, behind ,Haggard Transcontinental. Cherry is at first harsh towards Deign, having
- This view succinctly:" I think that the North fought that war with one hand, behind ,It's back ... If there had been more Southern victories, and a lot more, the
- Who ruled the Eastern Roman Empire from 450 to 457) was the political force, behind ,Attila's death. Jordanes says:" The greatest of all warriors should be
- Exactly on time. The spacecraft telemetry was reacquired as it re-emerged from, behind ,the Moon at 89 hours,28 minutes, and 39 seconds, the exact time calculated.
- From the natural-philosophy of Thales who searched a simple material-form, behind ,the appearances of things, also related to the older animism, to the
- His opinions too freely and coming in conflict with the Inquisition, leaving, behind , a palace and his beloved. Started a small mine in South America, which became
- Did not wait for Lincoln's action before escaping and seeking freedom, behind ,Union lines. From early years of the war, hundreds of thousands of African
- The handicap principle The study of altruism was the initial impetus, behind ,George R. Price's development of the Price equation, which is a mathematical
- Mixed in for added strength. Other technical features reveal a shaft driven, behind ,the mask at the desired facial point, driven by a DC motor with a simple pulley
- Used by individuals who are blind. A piece of soft fabric or rubber is placed, behind ,the beads so that they do not move inadvertently. This keeps the beads in place
- It entered orbit 12 minutes later. On July 19 at 17:21:50 UTC, Apollo 11 passed, behind ,the Moon and fired its service propulsion engine to enter lunar orbit. In the
- Had not lasted the planned length of time, the crew would appear early from, behind ,the Moon. However, this time came and went without Apollo 8 reappearing.
- Is currently the world's second-largest parliamentary constituency by area, behind ,only the Canadian territory of Nunavut. In 2008,Governor Sarah Pain became
- In Budapest there are 10 Attila Streets, one of which is an important street, behind ,the Bud Castle. When the Turkish Armed Forces invaded Cyprus in 1974,the
- Sacked numerous cities and razed Aquila completely, leaving no trace of it, behind , Legend has it he built a castle on top of a hill north of Aquila to watch
- 2:30 p. m., while leading one of those charges, he was wounded, taking a bullet, behind ,his right knee. He did not think the wound serious at the time, and sent his
- Although Apple's market share in computers has grown, it remains far, behind ,competitors using Microsoft Windows, with only about 8 % of desktops and
- Fiscal year. While Alabama's public education system has improved, it lags, behind ,in achievement compared to other states. According to U. S. Census data
- Introduced several reforms intended to modernize his nation. A key force, behind ,these reforms was Mahmud Tarsi, an ardent supporter of the education of women.
- Overrepresented. The UN-FAO report cites land management as the driving factor, behind ,degradation and reports that 1.5 billion people rely upon the degrading land.
- Fired the fatal round. No Union soldiers were observed to have ever gotten, behind ,Johnston during the fatal charge, while it is known that many Confederates were
- In front of the power source in tractor configuration but can be mounted, behind ,in pusher configuration. Variations of propellers include contra-rotating
- The older animism, to the metaphysical theory of Pythagoras who believed that, behind ,every object there was a mathematical relation which led to the order. Finally
- Schools children were mistreated, for example by having their hands tied, behind ,their backs, so they could not communicate by signing — the only language they
- The idea was that if the artwork was a performance that would leave nothing, behind , or was simply an idea, it could not be bought and sold. " Democratic precepts
- Restoration of the episcopal hierarchy in 1853. One of the principal architects, behind ,the city's Catholic churches, Cuypers, was also responsible for the Amsterdam
- Kongo in 1670 and Catawba in 1681 failed. Portugal also expanded its territory, behind ,the colony of Benguela to some extent, but until the 19th century the inroads
- Was defeated by the forts and because no local Loyalists attacked the town from, behind , The Loyalists were too poorly organized to be effective, but as late as 1781
- Both were appointed to the United States Military Academy, Davis two years, behind ,Johnston. In 1826 Johnston graduated eighth of 41 cadets in his class from West
- Telephone-switching networks of electromechanical relays (invented 1835) was, behind ,the work of George Kibitz (1937),the inventor of the digital adding device.
- In his state box in the balcony. Seizing the opportunity, Booth crept up from, behind ,and at about 10:13 pm, aimed at the back of Lincoln's head and fired at
- Being broken by Rafael Nadal in 2005. His year-end ranking was World No. 3, behind , second-ranked Ivan Lend and top-ranked Mats Wander. Both the Association of
- Him to ride as her guest. It is from Allen that she learns the full story, behind ,the collapse of the Twentieth Century Motor Company (Rand's extensive
- This was the first time that humans had taken such a picture whilst actually, behind ,the camera, and it has been credited with a role in inspiring the first Earth
- And Mechanics" called" Hobby graphs ". He is considered one of" the big three, behind ,the amateur telescope making movement in America ". *Tim Puckett, the principal
- By seven hours into the mission, the crew was about one hour and 40 minutes, behind ,flight plan due to the issues of moving away from the S-IVB and Lovell's
- And a telephoto (9°) lens. At 68 hours and 58 minutes, the spacecraft went, behind ,the Moon and out of radio contact with the Earth. Image: AS8-13-2329.
- Was prohibited. This led to the establishment of schuilkerken, covert churches, behind ,seemingly ordinary canal side house fronts. One example is the current debate
Now it is your turn - use the english voice checker
Take control of your English pronunciation with our Voice Checker tool. It's your turn to sound confident and fluent!
Your voice recordings list
To download your recording the the download link above the audio player
Search for other english pronunciations examples
Our data base is updated daily, click here to check out all sentences
Free Text to Speech Tool: Convert Text to Audio Online
Now that you have trained speaking all the phrases you can use our tool to improve your english speaking skills. You have the option of using four different synthesized english voices: Microsoft Mark - English (United States), Microsoft Zira - English (United States), Microsoft David - English (United States), Google US English, Google UK English Female, Google UK English Male
Note that it may take some seconds for your to be able to hear the voice